FAMILY MEDICAL LEAVE ACT (FMLA) POLICY AND PROCEDURES
The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides certain employees with up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave during any 12-month period for certain qualifying reasons.
If you wish to request a leave of absence that may qualify under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), you should do the following:
- Read the University's policy on FMLA Leaves of Absences to familiarize yourself with your rights under FMLA. Click here to access the FMLA Policy.
- Read the FMLA Procedures memo to access the forms you will need to complete to apply for an FMLA Leave of Absence. This document also details the step by step procedures to apply for a FMLA Leave of Absence as well as definitions of the terms that may help you determine whether or not you are eligible to take a FMLA leave or whether your absence will qualify as a FMLA leave. Click here to access the FMLA Procedures memo.
Once you are familiar with the procedures for applying for a FMLA Leave of Absence, you can click on any of the links below to access the necessary forms and certifications to apply for a FMLA leave.
- Frequently Asked Questions about FMLA
- FMLA Leave Request Form
- Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee's Serious Health Condition
- Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member's Serious Health Condition
- Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered Service Member for Military Family Leave