Digital Marketing and Media
During the past decade, digital marketing and media has shifted from a niche skill set to mandatory domain of competence for marketing professionals. With over 2 billion people on social media worldwide and Google being responsible for 96 percent of all smartphone search traffic, it seems the marketing landscape is quickly turning digital. This transformation is creating exciting, well-paying careers for marketers who possess in-demand digital marketing skills. In New York City alone, there are tens of thousands of current job openings in digital and social media, and more than 25,000 positions in marketing and marketing analytics.
To prepare students for careers in these industries, the program draws from media and design, communications, social science, and information systems fields. Students will complete a project-based curriculum designed to develop strategic thinkers, doers, and most importantly, the marketers of tomorrow.
In this program, students will:
- Master social media marketing, SEM, SEO, mobile, email, content and video marketing methods
- Create data-driven insights and KPIs using the latest tools and techniques in marketing analytics such as Google Trends, Google Analytics, R, and Tableau
- Work on projects for real startups through the YU Innovation Lab
- Learn the intricacies of marketing management and working with vendors
- Study with the industry-leading professors and build a professional network in New York City
This program is ideal for recent graduates looking to break into digital marketing and media careers as well as professionals looking to advance or change their careers. Any undergraduate major can be a launching pad for the Master’s in Digital Marketing and Media. Current graduate students have backgrounds in marketing, business, graphic design, video production, music, photography, history, accounting, HR, publishing, journalism and English.
Graduates will be qualified for jobs such as:
Brand Manager, Creative Director, Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Marketing Director, Marketing Operations Director, Market Research Analyst, Media Director, Product Development Manager, Public Relations Manager, Sales Manager, Senior Marketing Program Manager, or SEO/SEM Manager.