The Organization of Psychology Students (OPS)
The Organization of Psychology Students (OPS) is the student organization of Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology. Each Ferkauf student is a member of the organization, and dues (student activity fees) are collected automatically each semester with tuition. These dues constitute OPS's budget.
The organization's purpose is to provide Ferkauf students with information relevant to their academic and professional careers. Members serve to facilitate communication between students and administration/faculty, as well as student organizations and alumni by acting as a liaison between the groups.
In addition OPS offers reimbursements for research and conferences and works to foster a sense of community, both within Ferkauf by sponsoring student socials and outside of the school by offering students the chance to get involved in social action projects.
Here is some more information about reimbursements (PDF), as well as the appropriate forms:
An Executive Board leads OPS. The Executive Board consists of no less than six members representing each of the Ferkauf psychology programs. The Executive Board is elected to a two-year term by the general OPS membership from each program except for the master's program representative, who is elected to a one-year term.
Officers are chair and co-chair, vice chair, secretary, treasurer, social and secretary. OPS establishes a committee based on the varying needs and goals of Ferkauf students from year to year. Its structure encourages maximum participation by all students.
OPS and its members shall not discriminate against any individuals for reasons of race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or disability.
Main Contact Email
Executive Board Members
- Matt Stahl, School-Clinical Child Psychology: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billie Katz, School-Clinical Child Psychology: email@example.com
- Cait Sleight, Clinical Psychology, Health-Emphasis: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stacey Lurie, Clinical Psychology, Health-Emphasis: email@example.com
- Hannah Guz, Adult Clinical Psychology: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angel Mak, Adult Clinical Psychology: email@example.com
- Cynthia Madsen, Mental Health Counseling: firstname.lastname@example.org