At Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, our nationally respected education programs, dedicated faculty and international study body (representing 64 countries) have earned us an outstanding reputation.
We offer three doctoral (PsyD and PhD) and one master's (MA) programs for a diverse group of students in an intimate setting and excel in training the next generation of psychologists and counselors who will effect positive changes in the lives of others. If this sounds like a path you would like to pursue, please read more to learn about our admissions requirements, how to apply, application deadlines and other relevant information.
Considering Applying to a Psychology Graduate Program? The American Psychological Association (APA) has some great tips for prospective applicants: Click Here for more information
Ferkauf accepts applications from students of various academic backgrounds; however, undergraduate (bachelor's) degrees must reflect a balanced curriculum including liberal arts and science components.
- All applicants are required to take the General Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Please visit the Electronic Testing Services (ETS) Web site for testing locations and dates in your area, www.ets.org. The Institution Code for the General and Subject GREs is 2995.
- The GRE Psychology Subject Test is a recommendation for applicants (especially those who are applying to the Combined School Clinical Child Psychology, PsyD Program) who will be earning or have earned a bachelor's and/or master's degree in psychology but is not a requirement. Applicants will not be penalized if they choose not to take this exam.
- If you are an international student and English is not your primary language, we recommend that you take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The Institution Code for the TOEFL is 2883. Please send two copies of your TOEFL score record.
It is the responsibility of all applicants to have applications and supporting materials, including the GRE and TOEFL scores, submitted by the deadlines listed below.
Please read our Ferkauf Preapplication Information PDF for information including the prerequisite courses required in order to begin a course of study at Ferkauf. Prerequisite courses are required to be completed by all applicants who do not have an academic psychology background.
Application Deadlines for Ferkauf Programs
Fall Admissions Only
Applications, including all related documents, must be received by the following dates:
- Clinical Psychology Program (PsyD): January 1
- Clinical Psychology Health Emphasis Program (PhD): January 15
- School-Clinical Child Psychology Program (PsyD): February 1
- Mental Health Counseling Program (MA): May 15
Applying to Ferkauf Programs
Applications for Fall 2019 are now available through PSYCAS!
(PSYCAS is the common application module sponsored by the American Psychological Association (APA). For general information on PSYCAS, please visit the APA official website at https://psycas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login .)
If you encounter a problem in completing the online application, please contact the Ferkauf Admissions Office at 646.592.4380 or firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your application.
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology enforces a strict policy of applicant/student confidentiality. The Admissions Office cannot discuss an applicant's or student's file or any other application material with anyone other than the applicant or student. Exceptions will only be made on a case-by-case basis and under careful evaluation.
Yeshiva University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in admission and other facets of its educational programs and activities. The University encourages applications from qualified students of diverse backgrounds without regard to sex, religion, age, race, sexual orientation, handicap, color, or national origin, within the meaning of applicable law.
Applicants are invited to visit the school and meet with an admissions representative (June to November, when scheduling permits).
For more information, or if you have any questions about the admissions process, please contact the Admissions Office at 646.592.4380 or email@example.com.