Admission FAQs

The process of applying to a graduate school often entails asking a lot of questions to ensure that you pick the school that is right for you. With this in mind, Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Administration has compiled a list of questions that are frequently asked. This list is by no means exhaustive; please do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

How do I contact the Azrieli office or arrange for a campus visit?
The Azrieli office is located at the Wilf Campus in Belfer Hall, Room 311, and can be reached by phone at 212.960.0186, fax: 212.960.0184 or e-mail.

I am interested in applying. How do I get started?
Please refer to "Azrieli Admissions'' for all the information and forms you need to get started.

Do I have to take the GREs?
GREs or other standardized achievement tests may be required at the discretion of the dean or the director of the master's program.

What types of financial assistance are available to me?
We provide many types of financial assistance. You can learn more by reading ''Financing Your Education.'' The YU Office of Student Finance also includes information about graduate tuition, fees and financial assistance.

I have been accepted but want to defer. What do I need to do?
If after being admitted, you decide to defer the start of the Azrieli program, you must notify such intent via e-mail to

Can I obtain a New York State teacher's license through Azrieli?
Our graduate master's program is a registered and approved New York State Master's Program. Azrieli programs do not lead to New York State certification at this time. However, only the Childhood Education 1-6 program leads to professional NYS teaching certification.  Candidates for this degree must hold an initial certification in Childhood Education 1-6.  

Can I teach in Israel with a degree from Azrieli?
Azrieli master's graduates may qualify for the teudat hora-ah, teacher certification, from the Israeli Ministry of Education.