- Undergraduate tutors from a range of majors who undergo a competitive application process and complete an extensive staff education program each semester;
- Faculty tutors who have advanced degrees, are themselves writers, and participate in our staff education;
- A director who educates the staff and oversees daily operations.
We help all members of the YU community on all kinds of writing, including
- Undergraduates starting First Year Writing and Business Communication Assignments;
- Upperclassmen organizing research papers for their majors;
- Creative writers completing works for publication;
- Students applying for jobs or graduate and professional schools;
- Ph.D. candidates revising doctoral dissertations;
- Faculty editing their scholarly articles and books;
- Staff and alumni preparing special projects.
We also offer
- Workshops on getting started, citing sources, writing personal statements, and more. Watch for announcements!
- Writing resources, including handbooks and handouts, and links to online resources. Click "Resources" above.
- Computers, Internet access, and a comfortable place to write.