Master of Social Work (MSW)
Where Passion Meets Purpose
A leader in social work education since 1957, the Wurzweiler School of Social Work is consistently rated among the top MSW programs in the nation and attracts students from across the globe. We are devoted to the success of each and every one of those students and, ultimately, to the value of repairing the world.
Wurzweiler offers training in Advanced Clinical Practice with Individuals & Families, Group Work, & Community Practice. Direct field supervision is provided for each student in field work. Small classes and individualized advisement are standard. An on-site writing center, peer mentoring, and licensing exam preparation are included in our program. Current topics and special seminars are addressed regularly at our lunch-and-learn forums.
At Wurzweiler you can develop skills in: School Social Work, Trauma Therapy, Creative Arts & Healing, Gerontology & Palliative Care; or Professional Practice in the Jewish Community & Jewish Philanthropy.
The Wurzweiler Difference
- Flexibility: Begin your studies in the Fall, Spring or Summer semester. Choose full-time or part-time. Offerings include Traditional and Advanced Standing MSW programs, programs for working professionals, MSW/PhD, MSW/JD, MSW/Clergy and PhD programs.
- Individualized: You will be assigned a faculty advisor to guide you through academic studies, mentor your career growth, oversee and assess your field experience, and help build your professional confidence.
- Personal Attention: Classes are intimate and encourage close interaction with faculty, guest lecturers and peers. An on site writing center for Wurzweiler students is available at no additional cost.
- Client Work: Building skills for repairing the world one person at a time and supporting caring families, groups, and communities where everyone thrives is central to the field work experience.
- Ethics: Founded on a profound respect for individual beliefs and Jewish social philosophy, Wurzweiler fosters tolerance and trains you to support the spiritual and emotional needs of clients.
- World Renowned Educational Experience: Students and faculty come from around the globe and all walks of life, enriching your learning experience. Field placements are available across the US, in Canada, Israel and other countries.
Turn Your Passion Into a Career
Our alumni are clinicians, agency directors and managers, researchers, social work professors, administrators, deans and legislators. They are employed in every sector of social services — from neighborhood agencies to the federal government — and are committed to improving the lives of vulnerable populations throughout the world.