Skip to main content Skip to search

YU News

YU News

Seniors Head to the Poconos for an Action Packed Final Trip

On Monday morning immediately following davening, the Seniors boarded the awaiting Monsey Trails busses to take off for their final trip as MTA students. The first stop was to play broomball, a unique and entertaining sport that takes place on ice. After lunch, the group headed to gymnastics where they had the chance to run, jump, flip, and race; there was also a large climbing wall. While rain hampered Mr. Giller's extreme team building challenge that was planned, the Seniors headed to Cong. Etz Chaim in Livingston, NJ for mincha, a small learning session with the rebbeim, and a pizza dinner. After this, the seniors finally headed to Split Rock Resort, where they and would be staying in private villas. The gym, basketball court, racquetball/walleyball courts were all opened for the night. At 11:30pm, everyone gathered for maariv and a bbq. Rabbi Tani Cohen then led an inspiring late night kumzits.

Day 2 started early with davening and breakfast. Immediately after this, buses were waiting to take the group to the Delaware River for an afternoon of white-water rafting. The eight miles that were rowed were filled with intense inter-raft water fights and other enjoyable rivalries. The boats pulled off to the shore in the middle for lunch. Upon return to the hotel, the fields, outdoor courts, and mini-golf were open. After mincha, a learning session and a bbq dinner, the pool was open for the night. Taking advantage of this, the seniors participated in many hilarious games of "Wah." (For more on "Wah," please find a Senior). After maariv that night, chulent was served. Finally, on their last night together as the MTA senior class, Mr. Gillers and Shuey led a nostalgic kumzits with some singing, and lots of memories, stories, and feelings being shared.

After davening and a quick learning session in the morning, the students packed up and headed to Skirmish USA, one of the world's largest paintball facilities with over 50 courses over 700 acres, for an afternoon of paint battles. About halfway through, they returned to base for lunch and refreshments. After paintball, dinner was served and the group headed to Wallington Lanes, their final destination. Finally, they returned home exhausted and fulfilled, ready to graduate.