Access to the Mendel Gottesman Library building on the Wilf Campus and to the Hedi Steinberg Library on the Beren Campus is available to the following persons with appropriate ID:
- Currently-enrolled students, faculty, and staff with valid Yeshiva University ID Cards.
- YU Alumni, Spouses of YU Alumni and Spouses of current YU Students with valid YU Alumni ID Card, YU Alumni Spouse ID Card or YU Student Spouse ID Card (as applicable).
- Researchers and visiting scholars with a demonstrated need for Special Collection and Archives who have received a confirmed appointment – appointments should be requested by sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.
- Approved Metro Referral System participants – Metro Referral System participants have one-time, on-site use of specific books or subject areas, and should consult with a librarian at their home institution who will complete the online METRO Referral form for approval.
- Students and academic staff at NYATLA (New York Area Theological Library Association) member institutions.
- Students and academic staff at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Access to the libraries after 9:00 PM on Sunday through Thursday and on Saturday night is restricted to currently-enrolled students, faculty, and staff with valid Yeshiva University ID Cards and to YU Alumni, Spouses of YU Alumni and Spouses of current YU Student Spouses with valid YU Alumni ID Cards, YU Alumni Spouse ID Cards or YU Student Spouse ID Cards (as applicable).
Please note: Yeshiva University students and faculty will be given priority access to collections and services. Others may be required to relinquish use of materials or facilities.
Access for Yeshiva University High School students is governed by special arrangement.