ENG 2010 Interpreting Texts, an introduction to the discipline of literary studies, including film, music, and digital media.
Once course in Advanced Writing from the list below:
- ENG 1095 Digital Writing/Multimodal Composing
- ENG 1601 Topics in Journalism
- ENG 1603 Writing for Media
- ENG 1895 Screenwriting
- ENG 1834 Multimedia Writing
One 2000 or 3000 level English course from below:
- ENG 2963: Graphic Novels and Animations
- ENG 3575: Approaches to Film
- ENG 4552: The Book Unbound: The Past and Future of the Book
One related course from another discipline from the list below:
- SOC 2104 Media & Society
- HIST 2124: History of the Book
- COMP 3571: Data Visualization**
- JS XXXX: Israeli Life through Cinema
- MAR 3318 Social Media Marketing**
- MAR 3320 Digital Media Marketing
- MAR 3323 Creative Advertising
- ART Printmaking
- ART Color and Design
**Students would need to complete the appropriate pre-requisites before taking these courses.
Two additional courses from any of the above categories, including up to two CORE courses from the list below. Note: these courses can count both for Core and the minor.
- INTC 1001: Books on Books, Films on Films
- INTC 1005: Parisian Views: Spectacle, Reality and the Invention of Mass Culture
- ART/INTC 1019: The Modernist Impulse in Art, Architecture and Design.
- CUOT 10xx: Media Revolutions: From Scroll to Screen
- ENG/COWC 1026: Face to Face: Modern Identities in Film
NOTE: With the exception of Cores, courses in majors or other minors will not double count for this minor. Students would need to take additional courses in their majors and/or minors to complete the required number.