Do you have a great idea for the next big startup? Do you want some advice from EXPERTS from the VC world?
If so, participate in the inaugural YU Startup Competition!
The First Annual YU Startup Competition will be held in the Ruben Shul on the Wilf campus, Thursday, April 11th from 5 – 9 p.m.
Application date extended to APRIL 1!
- All YU students (especially Sy Syms Strategy &Entrepreneurship students) will be asked to submit astartup business plan by 4/1/2019
- Each plan should be in the form of a slide deck with no more than 30 slides
- Sample components include a description of the product/service, market analysis, competitor analysis, the company’s competitive advantage, go-to-market strategy, and business model
- From the submissions 4-5 will be selected to be presented with live Q & A to a panel of distinguished business leaders, drawn from the world of venture capital as well as faculty and alumni of the Sy Syms School of Business
- The panel’s consensus winner will receive a cash prize and the title of “YU Startup of the Year”
- Networking Reception with refreshments will be held before/after the event
- Event OPEN TO THE PUBLIC – Even if you aren’t presenting, you are welcome to come and network!
- Questions can be emailed to Prof. Sharon Poczter, Chair of the Strategy & Entrepreneurship Department at Syms, or by using the form with link to the right.
Co-sponsored by Sy Syms School of Business and Tamid.