Master the discipline that shapes Fortune 500 decisions and defines America's corporate landscape
The current demand for tax experts exceeds the supply. Take advantage of this affordable opportunity and jump-start your career with Sy Syms' MS in Taxation program. Classes are conveniently held in Midtown Manhattan and fit around your busy schedule. Our program is geared for people like you on the career fast-track.
Tailored for Working Adults
Satisfies the 150-hour requirement for the New York State CPA exam
Focus is on practical tax planning, research, procedures, ethics (See Courses)
Courses taught by experienced CPAs, senior IRS agents and JD/LLMs at convenient Midtown Manhattan campus
All classes are in the evening and just two nights per week
Learn more about the CPA licensure requirements of New York State.
Admission Made Easy
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or another business discipline (finance, marketing, management or economics)
- Official college transcript
Deadlines for the Spring 2020 Semester
- 10/28/2019: Scholarship Priority Deadline
- 12/2/2019: Admission Deadline
- 12/31/2019: Scholarship Deposit Deadline
- 1/3/2020: Admission Deposit Deadline
- 1/10/2020: Last Day to Deposit
Deadlines for the Fall 2020 Semester
- 1/31/2020: Scholarship Priority Deadline
- 3/9/2020: Scholarship Deposit Deadline
- 3/31/2020: Admission Deadline
- 5/11/2020: Admission Deposit Deadline
- 7/31/2020: Final Admission Deadline
Expand Your Career Potential
Even in an advantageous job market, our MS in Taxation degree will place you ahead of the competition. Syms' faculty are tax experts in the field and have established connections to major accounting firms, domestic and international business. We offer individualized career counseling and recruitment services with top employers in New York.
Come to Syms to learn how to apply the brand new Tax Reform rules and heed U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor's recent recommendation to study taxation and become someone who “can figure out any situation”.