The Master of Science in Accounting Program is designed for students who have completed an undergraduate degree in accounting or another business discipline and wishes to become a CPA in New York State.
The program assists in the transition from undergraduate accounting program to the CPA exam and professional practice by offering:
- Courses that combine the theory and practical knowledge of advanced accounting topics and important related fields
- Instructors who understand the importance of developing your professional knowledge and skills
- Classmates who, like you, are preparing to enter a professional accounting career
- Applicants should be in the final semester of completing or have completed an undergraduate degree in accounting or other business discipline
- Applicants who are not accounting majors must already have 36 general business credits
- Admission decisions will be based on the undergraduate GPA, GMAT score and recommendations by professors or employers
- Syms graduates and graduates of an AACSB-accredited business school who have earned an overall GPA of at least 3.2 are not required to submit GMAT scores
- All applications must include two letters of reference (at least one should be from an accounting professor) and a resume
The Yeshiva University Career Center assists accounting students with all aspects of their job search preparation. Large, mid-size and boutique accounting firms recruit actively on campus.
As a student in our program, you are invited to take full advantage of the Career Center programs, services and resources, which include:
- Educational workshops
- Résumé and cover letter reviews
- Mock interviews
- Online job listings and on-campus recruiting for full-time, part-time and internship positions
- An array of special events, panels, and career fairs
Visit and Contact Us
We offer potential students the opportunity to sit in on a class and speak with a current student or faculty member. By visiting the Syms School, you will experience the unique way our faculty and students engage with one another and how what they learn in the classroom translates to what they will be doing as professionals.
If you have questions about the program or would like to arrange a visit, please contact Margie Townsend, associate director of program recruitment, Master of Science in Accounting Program, at 917.326.4839 (telephone), 917.326.4891 (fax) or email@example.com . We will be more than happy to set up a visit that will be tailored to your specific interests.
215 Lexington Avenue, Room 320
New York, NY 10016