The Office of Energy & Sustainability is working hard to lower the University's Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Energy Usage overall. With the help of the state and city incentives, we have worked and are working on many new and exciting projects. See below a list of different campuses and what has been going on on each of them.
Beren and Cardozo Campuses
- Lighting efficiency upgrades in eight buildings as part of the Con Edison/Comverge Targeted Peak Load Reduction Program.
- Lighting and Controls Upgrades. Co-funded with a NYSERDA/ARRA grant.
- Cardozo’s central HVAC equipment replaced with updated high efficiency units. NYSERDA incentives received.
- Staff Housing Cooling Tower Replacement. NYSERDA grant received.
- Forchheimer Cooling Tower Replacement
- Lighting fixture upgrade project NYSERDA/ARRA incentive
- Electric Demand Response (NYISO, ConEd CSRP, ConEd DLRP)
- Price Center NYSERDA New Construction Incentive
- Garage Lighting upgrade pilot test
Lighting efficiency upgrades in five buildings. Receiving Con Edison Incentive.
- Glueck Educational Center
- Muss Hall
- Morgenstern Hall
- Strenger Hall
- Rubin Hall
Fuel Switching—converting central heating plants to cleaner burning natural gas.
Additional lighting efficiency planned for:
- Zysman Hall
- Furst Hall
- Schottenstein Center
- Belfer Hall
- Gottesman Library