Skip to main content

Office of Disability Services

School Menu


Is there a special application process for students with disabilities applying to Yeshiva University?

No. There is no special application process for students with disabilities applying to YU, nor must a disability be disclosed prior to being accepted into Yeshiva University. Prospective students and/or their parents may contact ODS at any time with questions about accommodations that may be available to them at Yeshiva University

What are the documentation requirements for obtaining services from ODS?

To register for services with ODS, a student must provide current documentation of his or her disability. Documentation must include a specific diagnosis and be submitted by a qualified licensed professional. The nature and severity of the current impairment, information about functional limitations caused by such impairment and recommended accommodations must be included.

Different disabilities require different types of information. Please refer to our list of documentation guidelines sorted by disability.

ODS does not provide testing services. We will, however, provide a list of providers in the New York area who perform psycho-educational evaluations.


Does ODS assist students with temporary impairments?

Yes. Students with temporary impairments must follow the same registration and documentation procedures as all other registered students. When appropriate, accommodations are approved on a temporary basis.

Do I have to disclose my disability?

Disclosing your disability is your decision. To be eligible for accommodations and services through ODS, however, you must disclose your disability.

I'm concerned about my privacy. What is your policy on confidentiality?

The Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) regulates disclosure of disability documentation and records maintained by the Office of Disability Services (ODS). Under this federal act, prior written consent by the student is required before ODS may release disability documentation or records, except under very specific circumstances. ODS registration is not part of a student's official academic transcript.

How do I obtain a copy of my disability documentation from my ODS file?

Students who wish to have their records on file with ODS forwarded to a third party must sign a release form authorizing ODS to forward the records to a specific individual and location.  Click here to download a copy of the release form.

How can ODS help me to obtain test accommodations for professional or certification exams?

Agencies administering professional exams (i.e. GRE, MCAT, LSAT, GMAT) or certification exams (i.e. NTE, ASWB, Bar exam) typically require individuals seeking disability-related accommodations to submit current documentation of a disability and/or a test packet form completed by the postsecondary institution's Office of Disability Services.

Certain testing boards may require that ODS verify that the documentation of disability on file is current and complete and that the individual has used the requested accommodations while in attendance. Individuals seeking test accommodations approval for such an exam should contact ODS with the appropriate test information and forms. A past history of accommodations at Yeshiva University does not guarantee accommodations for any professional or certification exam.