The Undergraduate Student Health Center on the Beren campus provides, at no cost to the student, care for colds, flu, ear infections and other minor illnesses or injury. The Health Center also refers students to doctors and medical centers that best suit their needs if they have chronic or complex problems.The student should review her health insurance coverage, as she is financially responsible for any outside care. The Beth Israel Student Health Services Network delivers on-site services on campus and coordinates access to care within the entire Continuum Health Partners (CHP) network. This enables our undergraduate students to have priority access to high quality services at a variety of sites within the Beth Israel Health Care system and is therefore of great value to our student body. Medical care is provided on campus by a physician or physician's assistant under the supervision of a physician.
The Undergraduate Student Health Program provides:
- Experience and expertise in student health
- A provider network comprised of outstanding medical staff
- In-depth understanding of students' needs
- Close coordination and communication with University administration
Student Health Insurance is available through the Office of Risk Management. Students are encouraged to visit the Student Health Center or call the phone numbers listed for all medical concerns.
Mary Little, Physician Assistant
Located in the Brookdale Residence Hall, Room 2B
Office 212-340-7792 Fax 212-340-7858 email@example.com
The following hours are in effect during days when classes are in session.
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 am - noon, 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - noon, 1:00 pm - 2:30pm
Emergency Phone Numbers Available 24 Hours a Day.
Beren Campus Security 212-340-7796
Hatzalah Volunteer Ambulance Service 212-230-1000
WHEN A STUDENT IS INJURED OR SICK ON CAMPUS:
When the Student Health Center is OPEN and you are able to safely get to Brookdale, proceed to the Student Health Center for assistance. You can request a van from any security desk on campus to assist you. If the student is not able to move or moving will risk further injury, call Security immediately at (212) 340-7796.
When the Student Health Center is CLOSED there are several options:
- Notify the RA or the GA that a student is not feeling well or has been injured and they will coordinate with security and the necessary medical personnel. There is a doctor on call 24 hours a day who can be called for phone consultations by the staff. This enables the student and the doctor to make a collaborative decision as the appropriate next step for that individual situation.
- Students can call Security directly at 212-340-7796 and they will then notify the GA on duty who will then work with the injured or sick student to get them the care they need
- Beth Israel Medical Center clinics are staffed with doctors who can treat simple ailments and prescribe the necessary medication.
- DOCS, located directly across the street from Brookdale Residence Hall at 55 East 34th Street (212-252-6001). Monday - Thursday from 8am-8pm Friday from 9am-7pm Sunday from 9am-2pm
- Beth Israel Clinic located at 202 West 23rd Street (212) 352-2600 is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.