When you check in, you will be assigned a mailbox and a combination. If you misplace the combination or if you have difficulty opening or locking the mailbox, please contact the Office of University Housing and Residence Life.
Mail is delivered to your mailbox Monday through Friday. The mailbox's are located in the following areas:
- Morgenstern Hall--basement game room
- Muss Hall--on each floor in the north corridor
- Rubin Hall--building lobby
- Strenger Hall--in the Office of University Housing and Residence Life (Rubin Hall 106)
To safeguard your mail, please make sure your mailbox door is closed at all times. Please return misdirected mail to the Office of University Housing and Residence Life; do not leave it near the mailboxes.
Each residence hall has its own address, and you should use only these addresses:
- Morgenstern Hall, 2525 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10033
- Muss Hall, 526 West 187th Street, New York, NY 10033
- Rubin Hall, 2501 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10033
- Strenger Hall, 2521 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10033
Packages will be held for you in the campus mailroom located in the Office of Production Services (Belfer Hall basement, room B13; 212.960.5240). When one arrives, you will be notified by e-mail to your YU address, and you will need to show your student ID card to retrieve it.
In the past, some students have had their personal mail addressed to corporations, medical practitioners, legal firms and the like. You may not do this.