Skip to main content
Safety and Security
Prepare before an emergency ever arises to best protect yourself and others.
- Register or update your contact information in the YU Alert emergency notification system.
- Know your surroundings: identify emergency exits in your building and familiarize yourself with emergency evacuation procedures.
- Know your responsibilities: if you are responsible for communicating with staff, faculty or students in your department/area, understand how to do so quickly and prepare in advance key emergency response information. Administrative and academic department supervisors should pre-determine outside meeting spaces for your faculty and staff in the case of a fire/emergency evacuation of your building.
- Know the University’s emergency contact numbers: Wilf Campus: 212.960.5200; Israel Henry Beren Campus: 212.340.7460; Brookdale Center Campus (Cardozo Law): 212.790.0303; Jack and Pearl Resnick Campus (Einstein): 718.430.2019
- If you see something suspicious, report it immediately to Campus Security or call 911.