We recognize that parents provide a great deal of financial and emotional support to their children while they are students at Yeshiva University. However, we must balance this recognition with the fact that Yeshiva University students are legally adults and their legal rights must be fully respected, particularly with concern to their privacy rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Please visit the links below for information on privacy rights, academics and other helpful parent resources.

Enrollment Verification

A student is the only one who may order an enrollment verification or transcript for his or her academic record. If you wish to receive either one, you should ask your son or daughter to submit a request and have it mailed to your address. A new request needs to be made each term.

See below for basic descriptions. Please visit the links above for ordering instructions and complete information.

Academic Certification

An academic certification is an official document provided by the University Registrar verifying dates of attendance, award of degree, and student status (full-time or part-time) by term. It is typically requested for health insurance, visa, employment and credit verification purposes. There is no fee for this service.


A transcript is an official record of a student's entire tenure at Yeshiva University. It reflects all coursework and grades per term for each school attended within the University. Other information on the transcript includes:

  1. Name as it appears in the Yeshiva University records

  2. School and departmental affiliation

  3. Degree/certificate program (if applicable)

  4. Degree/certificate conferral date (if applicable)

  5. Honors earned (if applicable)

  6. G.P.A. (if applicable).

Transcripts cannot be produced for anyone whose record has been put on hold for an outstanding University obligation.

Privacy Rights 

Federal Family Educational Right and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Yeshiva University strictly follows the privacy regulations outlined in the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 which regulates a wide range of privacy related activities including:

  1. Management of student records maintained by the University.

  2. Regulations regarding who has access to student records.

  3. For which purposes access to student records is granted.

The act also generally:

  1. Permits the University to release limited directory information (see below).

  2. Guarantees students access to their records, and limits such access to others.

The official University policy on FERPA can be found here.

For more information on FERPA, visit the Department of Education website.

Back to top

Common Concerns

I’d like to know my child’s grades.

The schools of Yeshiva University do not mail grades to students or to their parents, but rather make them available for students to view online through MyYU, the University’s password-protected information system. Students wishing to share their grades with their parents can submit a request for a transcript which then will be mailed to an address of their choice.

I’d like to know my child’s address and phone number.

Address, email and phone number information for students is available via the Yeshiva University Directory.  Information that your child has not designated as private will be presented to you.

My child will be traveling abroad and needs to have transcripts sent to graduate schools and potential employers.

Yeshiva University transcripts are considered private under FERPA. Therefore, only students may request transcripts. Requests can be made through our form or in person at the Office of the Registrar.

My employer and insurance companies require proof that my child is attending Yeshiva University in order to continue benefits and to receive a good driver's discount.

An enrollment verification is an official document provided by the University Registrar verifying dates of attendance, and student status (full-time or part-time) by term. Students can request an enrollment verification either in person or online through MyYU. There is no fee for this service.