The following Registrar resources are available to alumni and former students of Yeshiva University:
Yeshiva University is happy to offer its graduates the opportunity to take additional courses on either a credit or non-credit basis.
If you wish to take courses for credit you may register after the completion of the registration period for degree students. The courses must be open. You must meet all course requirements as stipulated by the instructor such as attendance, examinations and term papers. Your performance (grades and credit) will be recorded as your permanent record in the same manner as courses taken prior to graduation.
You will be charged a $25 registration fee and a per credit tuition charge for these courses.
If you do not need credit you may register after the completion of the registration period for degree students. The courses must be open. You must receive instructor approval and attend the course regularly and complete assignments and examinations as determined by the instructor. You will receive no credit for the courses audited and a grade of “L” will be recorded on your transcript.
The only charge is a $25 registration fee per semester and a lab fee, if applicable.
You may apply using this form.
An Enrollment Verification Certificate is an official document provided by the registrar verifying dates of attendance, and student status (full or part time) by term. It is typically requested for health insurance, visa, employment and credit verification purposes. There is no fee for this service.
Note: If you are requesting a verification for a visa, you should make certain that your expected graduation date is included on your record before leaving and returning to the United States.
Verification Request Methods
- Go to www.yu.edu/myyu
- Click on ‘Faculty, Students and Staff’
- Log in to your MyYU account using your YU ID (starts with 800 or 999)
- Once you are logged in, click on ‘Student and Financial Aid’
- Click on ‘Clearinghouse Services’
- Click on ‘Click here to connect to the Clearinghouse’. This will open a new browser window. You may need to disable your pop-up blocker on your computer.
- Select the type of enrollment verification certificate you require.
The Clearinghouse Student Self-Service Site offers two types of enrollment verification certificates:
- Current enrollment - which only shows the current semester you are currently enrolled in at Yeshiva University
- All enrollment - which shows all the semesters you were enrolled in, including the current semester while, attending Yeshiva University.
- After selecting the type of enrollment verification certificate you would like, click on ‘Obtain an enrollment certificate’
- A new browser window will open with your enrollment verification certificate, which you can print on your own.
- If you are forwarding your enrollment verification certificate to a third party, be sure to print your policy number, account number or any other identifying information in the top right hand corner of each page.
Your enrollment verification will be processed while you wait at any one of our offices.
What is a transcript?
A transcript is an official record of a student's entire tenure at Yeshiva University. It reflects all coursework and grades per term for each school attended within the University. Other information on your transcript includes:
- Your name as it appears in Yeshiva University records
- School and departmental affiliation
- Degree/Certificate program (if applicable)
- Degree/Certificate conferral date (if applicable)
- Honors earned (if applicable)
- Your cumulative and semester grade point averages
Ordering your transcript
Currently enrolled and former students may order a transcript using our online transcript request form. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing before your transcript is shipped or made available for pickup. Our fee structure is
- Regular Service: $7, processed 2-3 business days after receipt
- Rush Service: $10, processed upon receipt
- Domestic Overnight Express: $25, processed upon receipt
- International Express: $75, processed upon receipt. Delivery to final destination in 3-5 business days.
- Electronic Transcript: $5, processed 2-3 business days after receipt, delivered immediately after processing by email. (Please read important instructions regarding this option.)
A longer processing time may be required during peak periods. Delivery times are not included in processing time and vary according to local postal services for the destination address.
Avoid delays. Please verify that you have cleared any financial holds prior to submitting your transcript request. You will be notified and your order will be held for up to 30 days to allow you to clear your hold.
Remember to follow up with the school or organization to which the transcript was sent to be certain that it was received.
We only release transcripts to students with a picture ID (driver’s license or student ID).
Official transcripts cannot be faxed.
You can contact the Office of the Registrar at 212-340-7777 (Beren Campus) or 212-960-5274 (Wilf Campus) for further information.
Fees are payable by major credit/debit cards as part of the online ordering process. Your card will not be charged until your order ships.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The following services are available online through our official diploma vendor, the Michael Sutter Company.
- Order a replacement diploma - Order your diploma easily online. There is a $50.00 charge for each diploma replacement. You will be able to choose Standard Delivery or Express Overnight Delivery. Your Diploma will be printed and mailed within 1-2 days of your order.
- Order an Official eDiploma -Your Yeshiva University eDiploma is a Signed and Certified PDF of your original paper diploma used for easy diploma verification purposes. The Yeshiva University eDiploma is a one-time charge of $10. You can then share your eDipoma as often as you need to. More information on the eDiploma can be found here.
- Diploma Status - Search the status of your diploma order.
Note: A duplicate diploma is not the same as an original. A duplicate diploma is printed with the original graduation date, but with the current Dean's and President's signatures.
Updating Personal Information
You can update all of your contact information, including address, preferred email address, telephone numbers, and emergency contact information on MyYU or in person. Name changes must be made in person.
(Please note: If you change your address on MyYU that will become your billing or primary correspondence address.)
Federal Family Educational Right and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Yeshiva University strictly follows the privacy regulations outlined in the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 which regulates a wide range of privacy related activities including:
- Management of student records maintained by the University.
- Regulations regarding who has access to student records.
- For which purposes access to student records is granted.
The act also generally:
- Permits the University to release limited directory information (see below).
- Guarantees students access to their records, and limits such access to others.
Please note that the following types of information are considered "Directory Information" by Yeshiva University.
- YU email address
- Academic Major(s) and Minor(s)
- Dates of attendance at Yeshiva University
- School, Department, Division, or Institute attended
- Most recent educational institution attended
- Degrees and awards received and their dates
- Titles of masters and doctoral dissertations
- Participation in officially recognized activities (including positions held)
- High school and class year (for those participating in any officially recognized intercollegiate athletic team only)
- High school, class year, height, and weight classification (for those on intercollegiate basketball or volleyball teams only)
The University may disclose directory information to anyone without the student’s consent unless the student, within ten days of registration each semester, informs the Office of the Registrar in writing on the Request to Prevent Disclosure of Directory Information Form, available in the Office of the Registrar, that any or all such information about the student is not to be made public without his or her written permission. A new form for non-disclosure must be completed each year. You may also make this indication online through MyYU.
The official University policy on FERPA can be found here.
For more information on FERPA, visit the Department of Education website.