WHEN YOU ARRIVE
When you arrive on campus, please proceed to check-in in Weissberg Commons (located in Belfer Hall). If you require parking, please park in Parking Lot E (183rd Street and Amsterdam Avenue).
BATEI MIDRASH AND LEARNING
The first weeks in Yeshiva are an exciting time, as you find your place in your new Torah home. We have listed below the various batei midrashot, please take the opportunity to spend some time learning in them.
- The Jacob and Dreizel Glueck Center for Jewish Study houses a brand new 470 seat Beit Midrash
- Zysman Hall houses the Harry Fischel Beit Midrash and the Annex
- Klein Hall Beit Midrash is located on the first floor of Muss Hall (Rm. 122)
- Morgenstern Beit Midrash is located in the basement of Morgenstern Hall
- Furst Hall Beit Midrash is located on the third floor of Furst Hall- for SBMP students
PLACEMENT EXAMINATIONS AND EVALUATIONS
Placement evaluations will take place during Orientation for Torah studies programs and Hebrew, Math, and English placement.
Placement examinations will take place during orientation in the following areas:
- English as a second language examination: For International Students only
- Math Placement Examination: For Sy Syms School of Business Students only
- Hebrew Placement and Exemption Examinations
Please refer to the Orientation Schedule for the times and locations of the above examinations.
ACADEMIC ADVISING AND REGISTRATION
During Orientation, faculty advisers will advise you about our academic programs. You will learn about the new core curriculum requirements as well as the various course selections open to you. Please refer to the orientation schedule for academic advising and registration hours.
Students seeking transfer credit must apply for it during their first semester in residence at the university. To ensure a proper evaluation of transfer credits, students must submit official transcripts, course descriptions, and/or course syllabi to the staff in the Office of the Registrar, Furst Hall 114. Requests received after the first term in residence at the university may not be accepted.
The Offices of Student Aid and Student Accounts, located in Furst Hall 121, will be open throughout Orientation from 9 am to 5:30 pm to assist students and parents who need help finalizing financial aid and/or payment arrangements.
Belfer Hall 1111
The Hirsch Polackoff Computer Center, BH 1103, BH 1105, and the Gottesman Library have computers available for your use.
Check the Orientation schedule for the times of the computer center workshops, which will introduce you to the available facilities and resources as well as to your computing accounts.
Enjoy the basketball court, swimming pool, fitness center, running track, sauna, and jacuzzi.
For hours or operation visit the Athletics website.
For hours of operation visit the Food Services website.