All non-U.S. citizens applying to Stern College for Women, Syms School of Business or Yeshiva College should follow the same basic application requirements as U.S. citizens. In order for any application to be processed, the Office of Admissions must receive the following components:
- Completed application and essay
- $65 application fee in the form of a bank money order payable in U.S. dollars
- High school transcript. Any transcripts and copies of certificates qualifying the applicant for admission to university study that are not in English or Hebrew must be officially translated into English by WES translation services, and sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- The SAT I is required for international students applying from Canada
- Students whose native language and language of study is English will be required to submit all official transcripts and tests (i.e., A and O level exams) in lieu of SAT and TOEFL scores
- International students must take the TOEFL if either of the following two criteria apply: 1) The student is a citizen of a non-English-speaking country or the student's first and/or primary language is not English or 2) The student has resided in the United States for less than three years
- Two letters of recommendation are required; preferably one from a teacher and another from a member of the clergy
Yeshiva University requires a minimum score of 82 on the Internet-based test, to include a minimum score of 21 in both reading and writing. Scores must be submitted directly by the testing service (code 2990). For information on the TOEFL, visit www.toefl.org.
All applicants must also have an interview with a YU admissions officer, which applicants are required to schedule by calling the Admissions Office at 646-592-4440 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the Fall semester are processed in the following stages:
- Applicants whose completed applications (with all the supporting documentation and interview) are received by December 1st will be informed of their decision by February 1st.
- Applicants whose completed applications are received February 1st will be informed of their decision by April 1st.
Applications for the Spring 2018 semester must be complete by November 15th, 2017. Decision letters for the Spring 2018 semester will be mailed mid-December.