Additional mandatory learning times beyond the usual morning and night seder include:
- Friday morning seder from 9 a.m. to 12 noon
- Elul Zman
- June Zman
Talmidim must remain in Yeshiva at the following times:
- Yomim Noraim
- Two out of every four Shabbosos. (In-Shabbosos will feature sedarim and/or shiurim [lectures].)
Talmidim are not required to stay at Yeshiva University for the summer, but we expect talmidim to be involved in full-time learning, other than a traditional bain hazmanim (two or three weeks).
Rabbi Twersky will meet with talmidim to discuss and guide them in their specific summer plans.
Program Maintenance and Secular Studies
To remain eligible for the program, talmidim must maintain the following standards:
- 90 average on Masmidim Program bechinos
- 3.4 GPA in Yeshiva College or Sy Syms School of Business
- Appropriate progress in the regular MYP shiur, in keeping with the expectations of honors students
- Requirements for a class in which a student receives an incomplete mark must be fulfilled within four weeks of the next semester
To allow excellence in all aspects of study, talmidim will take between 12 and 16 credits per semester, subject to approval of Rabbi Twersky. Students must remain in the program three years and are encouraged to allow four years for college, beyond their studies in Israel.