Register & Apply for Summer Classes in NYC & Online
Yeshiva University's Summer Session is open to current YU students, students visiting from other colleges and universities, and high school juniors (graduating in 2019) and seniors (graduating this spring). Summer classes fill up quickly.
Please plan on registering as early as possible.
Summer registration is open!
Click below to view registration and payment instructions information for:
For add, drop and refund dates, see the academic calendar: https://www.yu.edu/registrar/ug-calendar.
Please note: There is a separate application for Travel Courses.
To Register for Summer Classes:
- Pickup or download a Registration Form from the Office of the Registrar. (See below for instructions to view the summer schedule and find your CRNs.)
- Bring your completed registration form to the Office of Student Finance or call (212) 960-5269 to make your payment. If you have questions about making your payment, please contact the Office of Student Finance at email@example.com or (212) 960-5269.
- Bring your completed registration form and payment confirmation to the Office of the Registrar or email your completed registration form with the payment confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
To join a waitlist for a closed course, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view summer the schedule and find your CRNs:
- Go to www.yu.edu/myyu and click on Class Schedule
- Select Summer 2018 as your term and click Submit
- Click Advanced Search if you only see the options for Subject
- Under Campus/College (not “Campus”) scroll down to select:
- Full Session for 11-week and travel courses
- Summer I for the first summer session (May 29-June 28)
- Summer II for the second summer session (July 9-August 9)
- Click Section Search
Summer Registration Policies:
- All YU Students:You may register for a maximum of 7 credits per summer session and 10 credits total (both summer sessions combined).
- Beren Campus Students:Please refer to the Workload Guidelines and SCW's online course policy, and consult your advisor regarding summer course policies prior to registering for summer classes.
- Wilf Campus Students: Please consult your advisor regarding summer and online course policies prior to registering for summer classes.
YU's summer classes are open to college students visiting from other universities as well as current high school seniors (graduating this spring) and juniors (graduating in 2019). Visiting students must complete a brief online application prior to registering for summer classes. Please note: there is a $65 application fee.
The Visiting Student application is open!
To Apply for Summer Classes:
- Contact us at email@example.com to discuss your course selection. This way, we can confirm that there are additional seats available in the course(s) before you submit your application.
- Complete our brief online application form (instructions below). Please note: there is a $65 application fee.
- Send us your current college or high school transcript.
Please note: If you are a current high school student who has been admitted to YU and will begin classes at YU in Fall 2018, you do not need to submit an application for summer classes. Instead, please follow the registration directions for YU Students (above).
Application Instructions for Visiting Students
- Go to https://www.yu.edu/myyu and click on "Apply for Admission."
- Select "First time user account creation” and follow the guidelines to create an application Login ID and PIN, and then select Login.
- On the drop-down menu, select “Undergraduate Summer Program” and then Continue.
- Select Summer 2018 under Admission Term, fill in your name, and select Fill Out Application.
- Follow the directions to complete the application (please note: there are six short sections; you can complete them in any order.)
- Once you’ve completed all sections of the application, select Application is Complete.
- You will be asked to accept terms and then proceed to payment. The application fee is $65, payable online by credit or debit card.
- Once you’ve submitted your payment, you’ll be directed to a “Thank You” screen that contains important information. Please keep a copy of this information for your records.
Send Us Your Transcript
Your application will not be considered complete until we have received your transcript. If your transcript is not received prior to the start of the summer session, we may decline your registration. Please send your current college or high school transcript (official or unofficial) to:
Email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
The Katz School - Yeshiva University
Attn: Malka Sigal (Summer Session)
500 West 185th Street - Belfer Hall, 1313
New York, NY 10033
- Visiting High School Students: You may register for up to 1 course per session and a maximum of 2 courses over both sessions.
- Visiting College Students: Please check with your home campus for any policies regarding off-campus, transfer and summer classes.
Summer Registration Instructions for YU Alumni:
- Before submitting your registration form, contact us at email@example.com to discuss your course selection. This way, we can confirm that there are additional seats available in the course(s) before you submit your registration form.
- Complete the Alumni Program Form. For the semester, please write in "Summer 2018."
- Once you've completed the Alumni Program Form, call the Office of Student Finance at (212) 960-5269 to pay your bill over the phone.
Please note: Payment in full for all summer courses must be made prior to the completion of your registration. All summer tuition and fees apply. However, you will not be charged the $25 fall/spring registration fee referenced on the Alumni Program form.
- After your bill is paid, scan and email or fax your Alumni Program form to the Beren Campus Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-340-7837 (fax number).
If you have questions or need assistance completing the Alumni Program Form, please contact us at email@example.com.