Register and Apply for Summer Classes in NYC & Online
Yeshiva University's Summer Session is open to current YU students, students visiting from other colleges and universities, and high school juniors (graduating in 2020) and seniors (graduating this spring).
Before registering, view the Summer 2019 Academic Calendar on the Registrar's Website (see Summer 2019, "YC, Stern, Syms"). The calendar includes add/drop and "W" dates.
For tuition, payment dates, and refund schedule, see the Office of Student Finance - Tuition and Fees.
Summer registration is open!
Click below to view registration and payment instructions information for:
Automated online registration through the Add/Drop Classes page in MyYU is now closed. See "To register for classes" below for instructions on submitting the Undergraduate Summer Registration Form. Note that this is a REQUEST form and does not automatically register you for the course(s) requested; the registrar will notify you via email when they process the form and register you for the class.
To view the summer schedule:
- Go to www.yu.edu/myyu
- Click on “Class Schedule”
- Select “Summer 2019” as your term and click “Submit”
- Click “Advanced Search” if you only see the options for Subject
- Under “Campus/College” (not “Campus”) scroll down to select:
- “Full Session” for 10-week (June 3-August 8) and travel courses
- “Summer I” for the first summer session (June 3 – July 3)
- “Summer II” for the second summer session (July 8-August 8)
- Click “Section Search” (Changes may be made to the schedule periodically, so please check for updates.)
To register for classes:
- Go to www.yu.edu/myyu
- Click on “Faculty, Students and Staff”
- Enter User ID and PIN to login
- Click on “Student and Financial Aid”
- Click on “Registration”
- Click on “Add or Drop Classes”
- Select “Summer 2019”
- Click on “Submit”
- Enter CRNs in the boxes on the lower portion of the screen
- Click “Submit Changes”
Please note: If you register for summer classes before April 30, you will have until May 1, 2019 to pay your summer bill in full.
If your payment has not been received by May 1, you will be automatically deregistered from your summer classes. Waitlists will be active for all summer courses. Once you have been deregistered for nonpayment, your spot in your classes will be open to students on the waitlist. There is no guarantee you will be able to register for that class again.
Summer Registration Policies for YU Students:
- All YU Students: You may register for a maximum of 7 credits per summer session and 10 credits total (both summer sessions combined).
- Beren Campus Students: Please refer to the Workload Guidelines and SCW's online course policy, and consult your advisor regarding summer course policies prior to registering for summer classes.
- Wilf Campus Students: Please consult your advisor regarding summer and online course policies prior to registering for summer classes.
YU's summer classes are open to college students visiting from other universities as well as current high school seniors (graduating this spring) and juniors (graduating in 2020). Visiting students must complete a brief online application prior to registering for summer classes. Please note: there is a $65 application fee.
The Visiting Student application is open!
To Apply for Summer Classes:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your course selection. This way, we can confirm that there are additional seats available in the course(s) before you submit your application.
- Complete our brief online application form (instructions below). Please note: there is a $65 application fee.
- Send us your current college or high school transcript.
Please note: If you are a current high school student who has been admitted to YU and will begin classes at YU in Fall 2019, you do not need to submit an application for summer classes. Instead, please follow the registration directions for YU Students (above).
Application Instructions for Visiting Students
- Go to https://www.yu.edu/myyu and click on "Apply for Admission."
- Select "First time user account creation” and follow the guidelines to create an application Login ID and PIN, and then select Login.
PLEASE NOTE: Your PIN must be 6 numerical characters (only numbers).
- On the drop-down menu, select “Undergraduate Summer Program” and then Continue.
- Select Summer 2019 under Admission Term, fill in your name, and select Fill Out Application.
- Follow the directions to complete the application (please note: there are six short sections; you can complete them in any order.)
- Once you’ve completed all sections of the application, select Application is Complete.
- You will be asked to accept terms and then proceed to payment. The application fee is $65, payable online by credit or debit card.
- Once you’ve submitted your payment, you’ll be directed to a “Thank You” screen that contains important information. Please keep a copy of this information for your records.
Send Us Your Transcript
Your application will not be considered complete until we have received your transcript. If your transcript is not received prior to the start of the summer session, we may decline your registration. Please send your current college or high school transcript (official or unofficial) to:
Email (preferred): email@example.com
The Katz School - Yeshiva University
Attn: Malka Sigal (Summer Session)
500 West 185th Street - Belfer Hall, 1313
New York, NY 10033
Summer Registration Policies for Visiting Students:
- Visiting High School Students: You may register for up to 1 course per session and a maximum of 2 courses over both sessions.
- Visiting College Students: Please check with your home campus for any policies regarding off-campus, transfer and summer classes.
Summer Registration Instructions for YU Alumni:
- Before submitting your registration form, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your course selection. This way, we can confirm that there are additional seats available in the course(s) before you submit your registration form.
- Complete the Alumni Program Form. For the semester, please write in "Summer 2019."
- Once you've completed the Alumni Program Form, call the Office of Student Finance at (212) 960-5269 to pay your bill over the phone.
- Please note: Payment in full for all summer courses must be made prior to the completion of your registration. All summer tuition and fees apply. However, you will not be charged the $25 fall/spring registration fee referenced on the Alumni Program form.
- After your bill is paid, scan and email or fax your Alumni Program form to the Beren Campus Registrar: email@example.com or 212-340-7837 (fax number).
If you have questions or need assistance completing the Alumni Program Form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.