The career counseling process begins the moment you enter college. As an undergraduate, you will want to meet with us periodically each year.
For a timeline of what you should be doing when, click here. We can assist with:
- Choosing a major and developing career goals
- Administering assessment inventories to help you discover more about yourself and various career options that relate to you (Strong Interest Inventory and Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator)
- Obtaining career information and resources
- Preparing resumes
- Conducting industry and organizational research
- Developing contacts/networking
- Learning job search techniques
- Selecting and applying to graduate schools
- Developing interview skills
- Finding full-time jobs, part-time jobs, and internship opportunities
Students may call or visit the Career Center to schedule an appointment. Click to view our Hours of Operation.
We're on Twitter too! Follow us: @yucareercenter
Visit the top resources section of the website for many helpful links, directories, fact sheets and other resources.