Faculty and Administration
We support students in career development at all stages. This includes major selection, career planning, and graduate and professional school advising. To that end, we welcome your collaboration as we help our students achieve their academic and professional goals. We encourage you to refer students at any stage to take advantage of our resources and services.
We also encourage you to work with us. You could help us develop events for students in your discipline, serve as an expert on a panel, connect our office with accomplished alumni or other professionals, or share employer contacts. In these ways, you can contribute significantly to the success of Yeshiva University students.
Don't Cancel That Class!
Let us help you. We have developed a series of workshops to present to classes when you're out of town or cannot attend class. One of our staff members can present any number of career-related workshops. We will work with you to find the most appropriate topic and can tailor the presentation to your needs.
Some topics covered in the past include: resume writing, career planning, interviewing techniques, job/internship search techniques, professionalism on the job, and Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment and training. If you would like to submit a request for a career related program or event, please do so utilizing our Event Request Form
We invite you to join YU InfoLink, a database that allows us to connect students with individuals in their fields of interest for career and graduate school information. We will give contact information only to a student after he or she has met with a career counselor and thoroughly discussed networking, informational interviewing, and other areas of professional etiquette.
Career Center Allies Program
The YU Career Center has invited faculty, staff, and administrators from all areas of academic and campus life to partner with us in serving as resources and points of contact for students regarding initial questions about the career planning process. Our Allies listed below have completed an orientation with the Career Center and will continue to be updated on career related events, services, and industry trends.
Career Center Allies
- Prof. Judah Diament, Computer Science Department
- Martin Galla, Counseling Center
- Jennifer Golden, Office of International Students and Scholars
- Prof. Henry Huang, Accounting Department, Sy Syms School of Business
- Emily Kaplan, Academic Advising, Sy Syms School of Business
- Prof. Sidney Mehl, Finance Department, Sy Syms School of Business
- Francine Mellors-Rothenstein, Accounting Department, Sy Syms School of Business
- Jeffrey Mollin, Academic Advising, Stern College for Women
- Debra Pine, Academic Advising, Sy Syms School of Business
- Jonathan Schwab, University Housing and Residence Life
- Suzy Schwartz, Alumni Affairs
- Meirah Shedlo, Office of the Dean, Stern College for Women
- Prof. Norma Silbermintz, English Department / International Student Advising
- Linda Stone, Office of Student Life
- Dean Michael Strauss, Sy Syms School of Business
- Melanie Zuckerman, Academic Advising, Sy Syms School of Business