Applying to YU

Canada Admissions Information

For complete information about applying to Yeshiva University's undergraduate schools Yeshiva College, Stern College for Women or Sy Syms School of Business, please visit the Yeshiva University Office of Admissions Web site.

For information on applying to our graduate, professional and affiliate schools in rabbinical studies, law, medicine, social work, Jewish studies, education and psychology, please visit the particular school’s website below:

Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Administration
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Bernard Revel Graduate School of Jewish Studies
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary
Wurzweiler School of Social Work and its Block Program
Graduate Programs in Arts and Sciences

You are also welcome to contact our office.

Yeshiva University is committed to making our unique education affordable to every admitted student. For Canadian students, YU's Office of Student Finance is fully aware of factors like the relative strength of the U.S. and Canadian dollars, the cost of day school education for siblings, travel costs for visits home, etc.

To help finance a Yeshiva University education, Canadian students benefit from a variety of special scholarships. Our initiatives include the Jewish Education Scholarship Programme (JESP), a three-way partnership of Canadian donors, Canadian students and YU to train educators for Canadian Jewish schools.

List of Scholarships for Study in the U.S.A.

The UJA Federation, through its Jewish Information Service of Greater Toronto, provides a list of scholarships and grants that are available through Jewish organizations, foundations, groups and educational institutions in the Greater Toronto area.

Visa Information

The staff of the Yeshiva University Office of International Student Affairs provides information regarding visas for international students and scholars. Staff members assist with all issues and maintain a liaison with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security with respect to maintaining of student records, processing applications for practical training and employment, school transfers, etc.

Please visit the Office of Student Affairs Web site or contact:

Elaine Thompson
Director of International Student Advisement
Telephone: +1.212.960.5480

Tax Information

You may be able to receive a tax deduction off your tuition. Download a copy of the TL11A Tuition, Education, and Textbook Amounts Certificate—University Outside Canada form.

Please contact your personal accountant for more information.