At Azrieli, we have designed our Master of Science degree requirements to be theoretical and practical, innovative and time tested, research-based and hands-on. In addition to foundational and advanced coursework, students must engage in substantive field work that complements their studies.
Click on the titles for more information on each of the requirements:
- Professional Enhancement Practicum Guide (PDF) - Student teaching: at least 200 hours of supervised teaching after all courses are completed
- Portfolio Guide (PDF) - a collection of artifacts to reflect attainment of 13 Azrieli standards
- Portfolio Workshop (video)
The Master of Science Student Handbook (PDF) contains vital information for our students, including policies and procedures pertaining to academic requirements, the classroom, grading, attendance, the number of credits required for graduation, course information and much more. The handbook is a "living document" in that changes to it are anticipated as new policies and procedures are developed. It is therefore imperative that you reference the handbook as often as possible.
The deadlines below are for filing dissertations and scheduling your final oral examination (oral defense). Please discuss your anticipated filing date with your committee chairperson and members well in advance of the deadlines listed here.
Required forms with instructions on the procedures for filing your dissertation are available on the Azrieli Web site. Each deadline date below corresponds to one of the three degree conferral dates (January, May, or September).
Copy of Dissertation due with Office of Doctoral Studies
|Final Oral Examination
|Final Copy of Dissertation due with Registrar||Degree Conferral|
November 1 – 30
March 1 – 31
June 1 - 30
Please note that if the 1st of the month falls on a weekend, the actual deadline date will commence on the following Monday.
- PD and Teacher Learning (PDF)
- Does it Make a Difference? (PDF)
- PD of Teachers in Jewish Education (PDF)
- Effective Teacher Development (PDF)
- What works in Professional Development? (PDF)
- Leading Effective PD (PDF)
- Conceptions of the Study of Jewish Texts in Teachers Professional Development - Elie Holzer (PDF)
- Improving Instructional Quality in Jewish Day Schools and Yeshivot: Best Practices Culled from Research and Practices in the Field - Jeffrey Glanz (PDF)
- PD for Teachers (PDF)
- Professional Culture (PDF)