The Azrieli Papers
The Azrieli Papers is our ongoing colloquium dedicated to excellence in teaching, administration and research in Jewish education. Presentations in this series are released as occasional papers, individual monographs, special editions of academic publications and anthologies dedicated to Jewish education.
The initial papers were launched as a special edition of Tradition: A Journal of Orthodox Jewish Thought.
Select a title below for the complete edition.
- The At-Risk Adolescent in the Orthodox Jewish Community: Implications and Interventions for Educators (PDF) by David Pelcovitz, Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Administration,Yeshiva University
- TEFILLAT RAV; Educating for Prayer Utilizing the Writings of Rabbi Joseph B. Soloveitchik: Curricular and Instructional Guidelines (PDF) by Moshe Sokolow, Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Administration,Yeshiva University
- Bullying, Harassment and Social Exclusion in Day Schools: Unique Opportunities and Challenges to Promote Positive Peer Culture (PDF) by Rona Novick, Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Administration,Yeshiva University
- The Ethics of Exclusion: Pedagogical, Curricular, Leadership and Moral Imperatives in Jewish Education (PDF) by Jeffrey Glanz, Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Administration,Yeshiva University
- Pictures and Models: Exploration in Jewish Educational Thought (PDF) by Michael Rosenak, Emeritus Professor of Jewish Educational Philosophy at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Saying Thanks: Dimensions of Graditude (PDF) by Eliezer Schnall, PhD, Judy Sokolow, EdD, Moshe Sokolow, PhD
The three papers presented here will be included in a special issue of Tradition, the journal of the Rabbinical Council of America. We are indebted to Henry and Golda Reena Rothman for their kindness and beneficence in support of this program.
- Veshinantam Levanecha: Exploring the Right to Education in the American and Jewish Legal Tradition
Daniel Pollack, associate professor, Wurzweiler School of Social Work
David J. Schnall, dean, Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education
- Making the Bible Come to Life: Biblical Archaeology and the Teaching of Tanakh in Jewish Schools
Lawrence H. Schiffman, chairman, Skirball Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies and Ethel and Ervin A. Edelman Professor of Hebrew and Judaic Studies, New York University
- Religious Development in Adolescence: A Work in Progress
Jay Goldmintz, headmaster, Ramaz Upper School