YC Peer Tutoring Program
Yeshiva College Peer Tutoring Program provides one-to-one tutoring as a FREE service for our undergraduate students. Peer tutoring has been instrumental in helping students achieve their academic goals.
If you are a current student in need of a tutor, please visit our online scheduler for a list of available tutors in your subject. After scheduling an appointment, make sure you contact your tutor via e-mail to arrange a meeting location.
Directions on how to utilize the scheduling system can be found here.
Note: Student tutors are prohibited from charging additional fees. A peer tutor who does not comply will be removed from the program. Contact Sara Schwartz, General Academic Advisor, for any questions.
- Students can make appointments until midnight the night before a session.
- Appointments may only be made 2 weeks in advance
- A student who cannot keep their appointment must cancel online, preferably no later than midnight the night before the appointment, and notify their tutor via e-mail so another student can benefit from that time.
- For an emergency last-minute cancellation, the student must email their tutor.
- Students who miss appointments repeatedly may be blocked from scheduling further sessions.
- Tutoring is limited to students currently enrolled in the specific courses for which they have requested tutoring. Students may not utilize the Tutoring Center for any other purpose, including review for the MCAT, DAT, etc.
- As a courtesy to other students, please avoid overlapping slots (ex. 3-5pm should be 2 discrete slots of 3-4 and 4-5pm).
To be considered for the position, students must submit a recommendation letter from the professor of the course they would like to tutor. Recommendation letters may be e-mailed to Sara Schwartz directly.
- Students who are approved will receive a “Congratulatory” e-mail that formally offers the position outlining the necessary steps to complete the hiring process.
- Once authorized by Human Resources, students must review a brief step-by-step presentation on how to utilize the online scheduling system.
- After viewing the presentation, students must schedule an orientation meeting with Sara Schwartz, bringing a signed copy of the New Hire Waiver