YU Green Office Program
For your office or department to meet Level 2 of the YU Green Office Program the following steps need to be met:
Prerequisite: Meet Level 1
- All desk lamps use CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs).
- During extreme hot or cold weather, all windows are closed tightly.
- Screen Savers are not used to save additional energy.
- All employees are familiar with the “Green My Commute” Page (http://www.yu.edu/sustainability/get-involved/commute) and know the resources provided to them: university shuttles, zipcar, public transportation, bicycling, etc.
- Employees who drive in have signed up for Greenride, www.einstein.greenride.com .
- “Green My Commute” Transportation Alternatives Flyer is posted in the office.
- The office purchases minimum 30% recycled paper for printing and copying.
- The office does not purchase individual bottles of water, (ie 8 – 20 oz bottles).
- 10 -30% reduction of individual printers used within the office. The following are questions that can help you eliminate unnecessary printers:
1. Are you more than 50- 70 feet from a network printer?
2. Does your individual printer double side?
3. Are you printing extremely confidential material?
- Individual paper recycling bins have been provided for each work space.
- IT was invited to provide printing waste management settings: the banner page has been eliminated for printing and reduced paper margins (.75 inch margins or less) as a default for Microsoft Office Program Word.
- The office has a reusable bag for all to use when going shopping.
- The office has contacted media and catalog distributors to receive fewer publications.
- We have a supply closet/ area to encourage the sharing of office equipment that can be reused.
- The office has a section of the office bulletin board for tips and green practices, events, etc.