YU Green Office Program
For your office or department to meet Level 1 of the YU Green Office Program the following steps need to be met:
- IT was invited and provided power management settings for all office computers.
- All lights are turned off when not in use during the day as well as at the end of the day.
- "Turn the lights off” stickers are posted where applicable.
- Sleep mode has been enabled on copiers and printers after 30 minutes or more of inactivity.
- The office has recycling bin at all copy machines.
- IT was invited to provide printing waste management settings: Double siding as a default on all office computers, black & white is set as a default on all office computers.
- One sided printed paper that is no longer needed is reused for scrap paper.
- All office employees participated in the YU Sustainability Pledge, http://www.yu.edu/sustainability/get-involved/sustainability-pledge
- One Implementation Liaison is assigned within the office.
- All office employees are aware of the Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Policy and all refrigerators, microwaves, air conditioners, and printers purchased from here on, are Energy Star Certified.