1. Download the OCS printing software, "ftpclient.zip". Save it to your computer and unzip it's contents, ftpclient.exe to your desktop.
2. Open the ftpclient.exe from your computer by double clicking the file.
* If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 right-click ftpclient.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
3. A dialog box will appear with the OCS Software Licensing Terms. Select "I Agree".
4. The installation will begin, but appear idle. It will take approximatley 2 minutes to complete. Upon completion, the dialog box will disappear.
Note: To prevent problems printing your documents please make sure that these advanced print settings are configured accordingly.
After you installed downloaded OCS printing software to your laptop, you must go to Start -> Control Panel -> Printers, Right click on “BWLetter” printer and select “Properties”, Then Click on “Advanced” Tab to apply following settings:
Select "Start printing after last page is spooled".
Uncheck "Enable advanced printing features".
Note: you must repeat the above setting to “ColorLetter” printer.
Special Configuration for Vista Users
You are required to turn off the User Accounts Control BEFORE installing this software.
1. Go to START menu
2. Select CONTROL PANEL
3. Select USER ACCOUNTS AND FAMILY SAFETY
4. Select USER ACCOUNTS.
5, Click TURN USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ON OR OFF link from the list.
6. You will be asked to type your computer password (established the first time you used your machine).
7. Remove the check mark next to USE USER ACCOUNT CONTROL (UAC) TO HELP PROTECT YOUR COMPUTER.
8. Click the OK button.
9. Finally, restart your computer to apply these changes.
How to Print After Installing "ftpclient.exe"
1. Choose PRINT from any Windows application
2. Select either BWPrinter (for standard black-and-white printing; 10-cents per page) or COLORPrinter (for color printing; 50-cents per page)
3. Click the PRINT button at the bottom.
4. A dialog box will appear.
5. Enter the appropriate credentials: * Enter Account or Name - the same username required for academic computing lab machines. * Enter Password - your OCS account password. * Document - title of what you're printing for identification on the print release station.
6. Select Procced and Send.
7. Pick up your job at any print release station on your campus.