ITS understands that connecting to a secured Wi-Fi network, like YUWireless,
involves some complex configurations of wireless devices. To help balance
usability with security ITS is introducing YUSetup. YUSetup provides an
automatic configuration tool called XpressConnect, as well as information and
documentation to assist with device configuration and troubleshooting. Please
see FAQ below for more information.
How do I access
Why should I use
How do I access and use
What is YUSetup?
YUSetup is a resource dedicated to helping users configure their Wi-Fi
devices for YUWireless. In addition, YUSetup serves as a source for information
and documentation related to Yeshiva University’s Wi-Fi networks.
How do I access YUSetup?
YUSetup may be accessed in two ways.
- If you are already connected to the University’s network simply point your
web browser to http://yusetup.einstein.yu.edu
- From your Wi-Fi enabled device connect to the SSID 'YUSetup'. Once connected
simply open a web browser. You will be redirected to the YUSetup
Why should I use YUSetup?
YUSetup provides the following:
- auto-configuration tool (XpressConnect) - makes connecting to YUWireless
- assurance that your device is configured properly
- access to Wi-Fi resources such as documentation and FAQs
- up to date information about the University’s Wi-Fi networks
What is XpressConnect?
XpressConnect is an auto-configuration tool designed to help users configure
their Wi-Fi enabled devices for use with WPA2-Enterprise secure wireless
networks like YUWireless.
How do I access and
Running XpressConnect is a one-time process. From the YUSetup homepage simply
click ‘Connect me to YUWireless’ to begin the configuration wizard.
XpressConnect will then walk you through the process and connect your device to
the secure network YUWireless.
*Please Note: As part of this process you'll need your
University supplied Username and Password.
XpressConnect supports the following Operating Systems:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Mac Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, and iPhone
If there are any issues or concerns, please report them to the ITS Help Desk
at #6123 from any University phone, or firstname.lastname@example.org.